Friday, January 04, 2013

The First Sneak Preview – A (Very) Brief Character Q&A

I’ve had this link bookmarked for a while, but when cleaning out my old bookmarks to get everything ready to transfer to my new computer, I ended up deleting it.


It is a list of questions to ask yourself about your characters to get a better grasp of who they are. It has a number of questions ranging from the basic (What’s your character’s name?) to more in-depth (Does she have a secret?), to a little off the wall but surprisingly insightful (as you will see below).

I’ve been working slowly through the questions and thought it would be neat to post some of them. Today there’s only one, I’d like to make posts like this a regular feature of this blog, so expect more soon.

I’ve been thinking of creating my own list of interview questions for my characters, and I think it would be fun to post them to give everyone (including myself) an insight to the characters I’m creating. Maybe it will spark people’s interest. It would also be really fun to have others who are writing a book comment with their answers as well.

With that out of the way, on to the reason for the post: 

Today’s character is The Heroine, and the question is “Where would you like to live?”


“I love living where I live now – smack in the middle of the city, where nothing is more than a block away. Taking a drive west into the mountains in the fall is the most relaxing thing imaginable. Driving east to the coast in the summer is the life. Being able to walk out the front door and feeling like you have access to everything, just pick your direction, is a feeling of connection that’s amazing.”

2 comments:

  1. Siteniz cok guzel basarilarinizin devamini bekleriz admin tenku cilingirci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Web siteniz cok guzel her zaman acik kalsin admin

    ReplyDelete